Day 1

So I had already gone through the first few pages of the Odin Project, reading through the details of what the corse will be like and how I should approach it.

Today I got into the first fun bits! Got to install a Virtual Machine and load up Ubuntu as a virtual disk and install and set it up as a guest OS and set all my preferences with my setup and Duke monitors. It took me back to college/school computing course's and got me very excited from the first initial buzz of doing a task hand held and getting it all working so easily. I know this stage will not last forever but I must hope to hold onto why I started this and the enjoyment of fixing issues and learning the solutions.

After this I then got all settled into Ubuntu, largely by installing Chrome and signing in, then I had to sign up to GIT hub. Turns out I already had an account! And... I had set up 2FA... Which I had completely forgotten about... And didn't have set on my phone, or any backup codes or any other way to log into my account. So one contact form filled in and sent to their support team and I set up a second account with a different email, hopefully I can get my original account back soon it has a really cool username! So I don't have to use an alternative email for the rest of this.

Anyway that's all fine so I started the lessons learned how to use the basics in the terminal and that it's super fun, makes me feel really smart and cool and ultimately should help me be a better and quicker, apparently lazy coders make things quicker for everyone with awesome shortcuts and things, so that I can hopefully become all powerful and one day just maybe be considered smrt. Yes typo included for joke. Installated VS code and set up a nice little colour theme but nothing much else, I did connect it to my GIT hub and sync it up.

Anyway 2 and a bit hours later using a Pomodoro timer I feel I have made a nice start and I plan to carry on tomorrow even if it's for an hour or so! I need to catch up to my partner soon they're like 4-5 lessons ahead! But my next lesson is going to be learning all about GIT! I'm told it's very important and very cool.

Comments