Day 6

CSS is great but sometimes confusing...

So today, and yesterday I forgot to blog as it was only short, I went into learning all about CSS and the nice things I can do inside it with ID and Class selectors and how you can group them or have then inherited combined and then started to wrap my head around the cascade hierarchy as well.

The exercises were really fun and interesting and like it said I am not a master of CSS right now at all but I do have a basic understanding of what it is, how it does it and what to look at if it's not doing what you think it should be doing, which is very frustrating sometimes, and even dipped my toes into using the inspect dev tools in chrome to look into the cascade to de-bug and understand what rules are applied where and overriding anything if there is.

Like I said in my last post my recipe website has now been updated to look a little nicer, I was able to add in some basic CSS and an extra image I found online and I copied the links down below if you want to see the now styled website. I know it won't win any awards for style but this is a web developer course not an art design course, I might move on to that after if I can find a nice one.

Live site: https://isaacwild.github.io/odin-recipes/ 

GitHub Repo: https://github.com/IsaacWild/odin-recipes


I am now 47% completed the foundation's course and halfway through the CSS block of the Odin project, next I move onto the box model and then hopefully after that I'll slowly be catching up to my partner and the interesting things he is working on just ahead of me in the "Flexbox" it all sounds pretty interesting to me so far!

Comments