Day 7
So the box model and the difference between block and inline are now in my mind and within my power to use and abuse!
I got to learn about padding, boarders and margins. How they can all interact or incase or margins how they can collapse into eachother and it's basically the biggest number wins, except when you get into the negatives and then it starts pulling stuff in! You also get these fun options for things to have their display property as blocks or inline and the crazy but useful inline-block which is the best if both worlds or maybe more like I can't believe it's not butter??
You get to pick so many fun things to add to and enhance your design and with block style <div> tags and then inline <span> tags you get to use these as hooks to add in CSS into your webpage content where you might not always have a tag where you need it. And after a couple of fun little assignments and testing through different bits really helped get my head around it and using the inspect dev tool helps debug and understand what's happening where as well.
I'm over the 50% mark of the fundamentals now and still enjoying it each time, next I'll be learning about flex box! Which is how all the cool kids make their websites look amazing!
Comments
Post a Comment